When you feel like you need an extra jolt of energy during the day, sometimes coffee isn't the answer. Luckily, we've got some ways to wake you up without the caffeine hit. Here are five ways to feel refreshed and reenergized anytime!
1. Drink More Water: Dehydration makes you fatigued and being parched regularly can lead to that foggy-headed feeling that slows you down. Make sure to drink enough water throughout the day to feel alert and hydrated instead of sluggish and slow. Find out just how much water your body needs here.
2. Exercise Regularly: Regular exercise helps you sleep better at night and have more energy during the day. Stick to a regular workout routine to help avoid that lethargic feeling. And when energy levels are at an all-time low, a few quick moves can get your energy levels back up.
3. Change Your Surroundings: Often we just need a change of pace to help us feel reenergized again. If you're having trouble concentrating or keeping your head off your desk, now's the time to take a walk. You'll give your mind a break by changing your surroundings and you'll also be more energized as you move.
4. Plan Something Fun: The Monday blues can get you down, especially after a weekend full of plans. Don't let that postfun glow go to waste - there's always a fun dinner, vacation, or workout date you can plan for. Take some time to schedule your social engagements or block out time later in the week to work on a hobby - looking forward to something fun may help get you in a better, more productive mood.
5. Stretch Out: Often we get so tense from sitting in the same place or frantically running errands that we don't realize how exhausting it can be. Take time to stretch out your limbs and joints with these five do-anywhere stretches that will get you back into focus.