There are other several causes of puffiness which are as follows:
- Water retention
- Toxins build up
- Weather changes
- Allergic reactions
- Health issues or complications from medications
Use Potatoes To Treat Puffy Eyes
Potatoes are a South American plant, originally from Peru. They were imported to Europe in the 16th century. Made up mostly of starch, potatoes also contain citric acid and phosphoric acid.
- Peel a raw potato.
- Grate the potato and pound it into a plaster.
- Wrap the raw potato hash in clean cloth.
- Lie down and apply the potato poultice to your eyes.
- Leave in place for fifteen minutes.
Why It Works
Potato starch has anti-inflammatory properties which make it good for soothing redness and irritation. However, potatoes are not an astringent and will not reduce swelling.
Avoid eating salty foods like pickles, chips, alcohol as they preserve fluids that settles in the eye region. Drink enough water to keep your body hydrated. It will minimize the puffiness around your eyes. Take adequate amount of essential fatty acids in your diet especially those from flaxseed oil and fish oil. Essential fatty acids help to reduce inflammation throughout the body.
If you're on facebook please stop by our new facebookpage and "like" us. We have daily affirmations and inspirational quotes along with "water checks"and Random Acts of Kindness reminders. http://www.facebook.com/celestial.healing
Here is a list of all our social networking links.
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/docakilah
- Facebook Fanpage � http://www.facebook.com/celestial.healing
- MySpace - www.myspace.com/docakilah
- Dr Akilah's Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/docakilah
- Healing Power Hour Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/HealingPowerHour
Wishing you all a healthy and prosperous week.
Your Servant in Health